(Yep, that’s how I start all my updates just so you, know).
In the past couple weeks, I have been blessed in receiving many new followers. Many of you come from the same place and due to the same post. I guess you can say this was OM’s last inadvertent gift to me. Others may come from different places and due to other posts. Whatever the case may be, I wanted to take this opportunity to welcome you guys officially and speak directly to you guys; let you know what I do here and let all my followers know what the plan is.
Since my farewell note to OM, I’ve gained more followers in two weeks than I could in a couple months. I don’t take such things for granted, so allow me to tell all 10 or so of you thanks for giving me that honor. So glad to have you all!
I go by the alias SBox180. I’ve been blogging for a little under a year, and I’m a teenage nerd from the United States. I opened a blog, because I love sharing my opinion on the things I love. I have a passion for entertainment, primarily video games, movies and television. I also talk about other entertainment mediums, such as music and literature. I address these topics in a variety of ways:
- The SBox Soapbox is my segment for editorials and opinion pieces, usually based around a single issue or topic
- An Analysis is where I take a single topic (e.g.: an upcoming movie) and thoroughly discuss it from all angles. I basically take the few details I’m dealt and attempt to predict and expand upon what the final product will be
- SBox Recommends is my reviewing segment. Reviews are made with the idea that everything means something to anyone. That means, whether I like the subject or not, every review ends with me recommending the film to its appropriate audience
- If I can’t discuss it in a way that fits those segments, I give a My Quick Thoughts or just My Thoughts on it. This is usually where I cover news or give mini-reviews
- A new segment called Newcomer Chronicles details my attempt to get into a franchise or series that I’m new to. I try to describe what it’s like to experience a big and popular entity for the first time. What is it like to see a Star Wars movie or play a Zelda game for the first time? That’s what this segment is about
These are some of the posts I make here. I constantly try and find new ways to share the things I love with the world, so this is just the beginning.
I don’t have a consistent posting schedule at the moment. I used to, but for right now I just post as I go. At this time, because it’s summer, I tend to post about 1-2 posts per week. This may change depending on real life matters, but I try to let you know beforehand.
That’s pretty much all their is to me and my blog. Again, I would like to say welcome to all those new to site. Thank you for giving me that follow. If you ever want me to cover a particular topic, please let me know.
To celebrate the occassion, I want you all to pick the next SBox Recommends I do. I’ve seen a lot of movies the last month that I’ve intended to review. I’ll be covering most of them anyway, but I want you guys to decide which one I do first. A poll can be found at the top of this post. It’ll end a week after this post, so vote away!
This week, I’ll have one more post for you guys. I’ll try to put it up Friday so stay tuned.
I’m SBox180. Thanks for reading1